Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How can i check the dihedron of my KF2 ?

Talking Re: How can i check the dihedron of my KF2 ?

Thanks

That is interesting, this way of measuring was not listed in the KF2 manual. I really appreciate it. you guys are awesome.

Default Re: How can i check the dihedron of my KF2 ?

What Tom is doing with string, I would use the laser level to do, but the string method works well. The string doesn't really sag but, it can the laser
    casts a perfectly straight line. You can just put a rule on like Tom is doing
    and just move it slightly so the beam hits it and measure the dip.

I think the string method was what I did as it was prescribed in the builders manual.

Jeff

I had a similar question regarding my type III. The factory could offer no information on my plane, however said the newer planes were 1 degree.

I think I found the answer to my question in Service Letter #25. A 4 foot level beneath the front spar should read between 1.1 and 1.4 inches.

If you want to get that in degrees, then the Tangent of 1.3/48=0.0270. The angle whose tangent is 0.0270 is 1.1 degrees. That's for each wing. Mine measures 1.25 degrees. I think that's close enough for me.

Cheers,
    Chuck Gruby
    Petal, Kit Fox III Flying

I could not tell if bulletin 25 would apply to KF2 since the initial distance from the root was different from the value listed (96.75 and 97.75). For the KF2, the initial distance is 86.125 inches from the root to the support hole on the strut brace.

So the dihedral is a little more pronounced on the KF2. Also with the KF2, the only adjustment rod is on the right rear wing, so I have less tuning available.

Looking at bulletin 25 again, it is giving a rule of thumb for twist. I think I will look at that again and do the 1.137 thing to see if the front and back follow this rule.

Thanks again-
    Joey

The 1.137 number is for 1/2 inch of twist on the model 4 and later wings. Look through your builders manual and see if you can find how much twist is built into the model II wings.
    Tom Jones
    Classic 4 builder