Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Florescent Paint?

Default Florescent Paint?

Hi All,

Going to strip, recover, and paint my KF1 and am trying to decide what colors I want it to be. Does anyone know of a POLY-fiber compatible fluorescent paint that resists fading?

Thanks!

Jimmy

Default Re: Florescent Paint?

Quote Originally Posted by jtprouty View Post
    Hi All,

Going to strip, recover, and paint my KF1 and am trying to decide what colors I want it to be. Does anyone know of a POLY-fiber compatible fluorescent paint that resists fading?

Thanks!

Jimmy
    The only one I know of is Endura. 40,000+ colours. Pearls, metallics, fluorescents etc. It is a urethane so it’s a bit more work but it is incredibly tough.
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

Default Re: Florescent Paint?

Just by the nature of the material, fluorescent paint is not durable and subject to fading. Just like the red toners in a color fade fast, the pigment in a fluorescent color fades fast, only much faster. I did some test panels years ago with SEM fluorescent colors on them and the fading of the colors started in months, not years. Some looked like crap in two or three months of exposure.
    James T
    Valrico, FL