Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: AirVenture 2014 July 28th-Aug. 3rd.

Default Re: AirVenture 2014 July 28th-Aug. 3rd.

Paul,
    Where did you see that cool Morgan 3-wheeler? Thought I had trudged around just about everywhere, but did not see that.
    - Gary
    S7 SuperSport Tri-gear
    w/Rotax 912, Oratex, Dynon

On our way home... Sorry we missed you BBQ Larry!
    Business gets in the way of fun sometimes.
    John McBean
    www.kitfoxaircraft.com

"The Sky is not the Limit... It's a Playground"

That was one week that really flew by.
    Had a great time at AirVenture meeting many TeamKitfoxers. Talked to so many folks interested in this aircraft. So fun to see old friends and put faces with online names.

A big thanks to John and Debra, Brandon and Heather, Paul Zimmerman, Paul and Terri Ledabrand and Phil Laker and to all our members that stopped by the booth to say hello and talk Kitfox.

It was great to get around and visit with all our Forum sponsors again and meet our newest, L.E.A.F.

Some random photos of AirVenture 2014. Can't wait till next year. Start planning now.
    IMG_0023 (1024x576) - Copy.jpg

IMG_0026 (1024x576).jpg

IMG_0061 (1024x576) - Copy.jpg

IMG_0074 (1024x576).jpg

IMG_0099 (1024x576) - Copy.jpg

IMG_0069 (1024x576).jpg

IMG_0103 (1024x576) - Copy.jpg

IMG_0106 (1024x576) - Copy.jpg

IMG_0107 (1024x576) - Copy.jpg

IMG_0125.jpg

IMG_0218 (1280x720).jpg

IMG_0263 (1280x720) - Copy.jpg

IMG_0016 (1280x720) - Copy.jpg

IMG_0015 (1280x720).jpg

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

A few photo's from Oshkosh, a little rain. When it rains in Oshkosh it RAINS!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Paul Z; 08-05-2014 at 09:38 AM.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Yellow is really starting to grow on me, I have been hanging around Steve too much this week! I really like the belly pod and the brake cover.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Low and Slow Flying home fro Oshkosh, I departed at 8:31 AM from Oshkosh, and after dodging a few rain storms made it to Mesquite Texas at 7:35 PM. I had a great time going to visit and meet John & Debra Mc Bean, Brandon & Heather Peterson, Paul & Terri Leadabrand, Steve Kellendar, Larry Av8r3400, (I am having a Senior moment and can't remember his last name, but everyone knows Av8r3400) and Phil Laker. I must admit it is a great bunch of people. I walked until I could not walk any more. I went and had Brats with Larry and the gang and watched the STOL exhibition at the Ultralight area. I really enjoyed meeting, all of the other kitfoxers! Thanks all to thew great experience! the picture is not rotated 90 Degees on my computer but it rotated it when I posted it?????
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

To John and Deb…

I have a new found respect for the factory folks like Kitfox that go to Oshkosh to put on the show.
    It takes a lot of effort to get the aircraft to OSH, set up a booth and man it for 8 days.

This year I was asked by the American Legend factory to fly a Super Legend Cub to OSH and answer questions at the display. Sounds simple. It not.

Flying to OSH as part of a five ship formation was fun but after 9 hours in two days you really need a day to recover. No time for that… It’s show time!!!

It’s hard work standing on concrete all day, ducking under the wing in the rain, standing in the sun when it’s not raining and repeating the same spiel hour after hour. By 5 PM you’re only interested in food, a frosty cold beverage and some sleep.

Sure, I got a free trip to Airventure with a little time each day to see some of the vendors but it was a real eye opener of just how much work is involved. Oh, yeah… I got a free polo shirt and a hat, too. Not a bad deal.

I never did get a chance to get to the Kitfox booth. So to John and Deb, a big howdy from Texas and a big thanks for being there to be part of the show. I hope to see you next year.

May we all get some well deserved rest

John Pitkin
    Greenville, TX

John Pitkin,

I concur, it is a big effort. I flew from Mesquite Texas to put my plane in the Kitfox Booth. It took me two days to get their the first day I was dodging storms over Paris Texas, ended up flying to Norma, OK and Spending the evening with my daughter. Then Thursday I got up at 7:30 am and landed in Oshkosh at 4:30 pm, definitely a long day. On the way back left Oshkosk at 8:30 approximately, and landed in Mesquite at 7:32 PM, 11 hours of dodging storms, 3 stops to drain the bladder and gas up so about 8 hours of flight. I really had a great time. Yes it is a hard task, and John & Debbie got two planes up theirs Johns and the Mule.

Paul Z
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas