Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: repair the Warp Drive or switch to ??

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default repair the Warp Drive or switch to ??

the model IV I purchased has a prop in need of repairs, Warp Drive quoted $390 US .. it's a 3 blade ground adjustable .. 80hp 912 .. would you go ahead with the repairs, or use that $ towards something superior?

then there is the option of in flight adjustable - money can be an 'object' even without a partner to complain about the cost of toys! but the payback for the extra investment, comments please!

Default Re: repair the Warp Drive or switch to ??

From comments I have heard and my own experience, I would recommend the 3-blade Whirlwind as a superior GA prop. Its definitely more expensive but is of the latest low noise, smooth and efficient design (plus it looks way cooler). IFA and CS props are of course another step up if you have the bucks.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

Do you just need one replacement blade? I was just on their site this morning, and see the prices went up. (if my memory is right) I just picked up 2 66" RH blades from someone today. They are unused, but probably to short for your needs. JImChuk

If I had $300 and thought this would be enough to entice me to spend it towards a CS.... no brainer.

Right now the ground adjustable to beat is the Luga prop.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

What is the age of your 80hp 912. Early 912 engines have a different prop flange than newer models. When Rotax introduced the 100hp ULS they changed the flange on all 912 engines. Most prop hubs are now for the newer bolt pattern. Warp and GSC still make hubs for the older engines. Whirlwind along with many others do not make hubs that fit the older bolt pattern.

Ralph

I had a ding on my Warpdrive 3 blade and sent it to the factory for repair. They said it was the oldest prop they had ever seen and that after refurb, it would last forever. I like "last forever". so its on my plane. it has 750 hours on it and its about 19 years old.

Anyone been able to contact these people? I thought I wanted one, but I don't think I'm going to risk literally no support or service.
    I emailed the Lugaprop guy, he replied twice and then stopped responding. So I tried the guy in Canada, same thing, no response.