Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where do I find Rotax 582 carb info?

Default Re: Where do I find Rotax 582 carb info?

Originally I used hose clamps on fire sleeve but it was ugly and added needless weight. Eventually I found something similar to these and it cleaned it up considerably. http://www.amazon.com/BAND-IT-JS2409.../dp/B003ZHTYH0

I don't remember where I got them, but I ordered about a dozen and didn't pay so much for them.
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med

Thanks Paul. What a neat video. What a trick to get the spring back in the carb. I never would have thought of that. The carbs do look like old school motorcycle jobs with added internal chokes. I can figure it out now. I wonder what I need to send along with the engine to the O/H shop? If I send it to LEAK, I bet they can overhaul the carbs as well and pre-tune the engine for me.

I doubt they'll do much tuning. A lot is based on your installation, exhaust, gearbox and prop. You wouldn't want to miss the joy of tuning the carbs yourself anyway. It's all part of the Zen of running a two stroke. You'll get there. You just have to climb that learning curve.
    -- Paul S
    Model III SN910
    582 IVO Med