Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Matco brake upgrade

Default Matco brake upgrade

I have the original 8” Matco ATV wheels and internal brakes. Not particularly strong and I’d like to upgrade to the dual caliper system.

I’ve been unable to find or interpret info on this. I suspect that the WHLB4-DXTMH assembly is what I’m after but can’t confirm. Matco calls this their 4” brake but I’ve got 8” wheels.

If I can get the right torque plate I’d then look for calipers that some of you might have collecting dust after gear upgrade.

Little help?

Jon
    Kitfox IV 1050, C180. Now I have two backcountry planes! WooHoo!

Default Re: Matco brake upgrade

Jonstark.

I’m in the process of removing Grove wheels n brakes and putting Matco 8” wheels and double puck brakes on my Fox. Just got the Desser 27.5/10-8 tires

I called Matco and told them that I wanted the right wheels n brakes to handle those tires. They knew exactly what I needed.

Long way of saying to call them. Very friendly and easy to deal with.

Regards
    Rodney

Why did you choose to switch from grove to matco? I'm in the process of deciding my self.

I wish to echo Rodney's statement: "call MATCO!" Excellent customer service. My personal experience with them has been wonderful.
    Grover Wright
    Flying a KF IV-1200
    ROTAX 912UL

"Amen" to Rodney and Grover about calling Matco. I've had dealings with them twice and have nothing but good to say. I was wanting to switch to 22" Dessers and was concerned if my existing narrow wheels would work ok with the much larger Dessers. I talked to a gentleman, I assume the owner and he was very knowledgeable, reassuring me that the Dessers would work just fine with my existing wheels. He was right. I really appreciated his help. He could have just as easily steered me toward buying new wheels. I bought the Dessers from him. I also bought a tailwheel assembly from Matco and I love it. I told a good friend, also with a Model 4, who was wanting to do the 27" Dessers. I told him about my good experience with Matco and suggested he give them a call.. He bought his tires, 8" wheels, double puck brakes and the works from them and was just as impressed as I was with their great service.

I know everyone says call them... but what's the suggestion they are recommending? I'm more curious for the future and kinda don't have the time or want to call them at this point.