Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 59 of 120 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast

Thread: EFWD Build

Default Re: EFWD Build

I have "the original shade" by Dash Designs. I really like those Krogers but I was not aware of the source (or the price!) My $25 to the Kroger $183. Unless this proves to fail me I will keep it.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Oh man, I just went on Kroger's web site and in the Gallery they have pics of a Kitfox set up. I may just drop the cash for that. Didn't really realize how nice those fit up in a Kitfox.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

trying the Google Photos App
    "Sunshade"
    https://photos.google.com/album/AF1Q...4z-ScDGtDCvwLD
    Last edited by efwd; 10-03-2018 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Add text
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Hey Eddie, You can use this link to convert your photos links into permanent links that you can use to post photos here. It's kind of cumbersome, but it's what I do.
    --Brian
    Flying - S7SS

LOL. My airplane is jammed in the garage. I put the prop on and now haven't got the clearance to turn it back around and or get it out.
    Ok, So I positioned the thing across the garage with the wings open so that I could do the aileron rigging. I leveled it so that I can do that and level the magnetometer as well as the set the prop pitch. I barely had the clearance to lift the tail to the ceiling and then had to deflate the tires to get it level. When I finished I went to fold it up and put it away. Not!. The wings barely got folded but now because I have work benches along one wall the prop blades hit the bench and when I spin the blades to get the lower blades above the bench the top prop wont clear a lower spot in the ceiling. Have to clear off the benches and move them. Another thing I find out is the rigging needed to be done before the roll auto pilot servo link was made. It is too short now and turning the rod end bearings out to the max still has me about 1/4 inch short. Cool thing is, I have a full piece of the aluminum rod to make another one or two. As it turns out I need to make the second (and last chance) because I snapped the Tap off in the rod. Not sure why it happened since I used the appropriate drill bit to drill the hole and I was using lubrication. Anyhow, get to buy a new tap this morning. Time to begin final assembly this weekend and begin doing the fuel flow testing.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

It sounds like it's time to move to a hangar Eddie.
    --Brian
    Flying - S7SS

I think so.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Having read posts about fuel levels becoming imbalanced if you fly untrimmed etc etc.., is it difficult to fill the fuel system if the fuel is free to flow from one side to the next. It seems that the two tanks being interconnected via the header tank, as soon as you fill one side and move to the other, you may already have a fuel level in what was the empty side. Fill that side up and now you have a gallon or two low on the other side? Maybe if it flows pretty quickly you just wait a short spell and add more once its balanced? any comments?
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Moves too slowly to be a concern in the time it takes to refuel unless you take a half hour or more.
    Some have fuel valves on each wing tank fuel line between the tank and the header tank.
    Shutting off even one would stop fuel equalization between the tanks. After topping off the tanks and parking on a non level spot can overboard fuel fairly quickly. Again shutting off one wing tank fuel valve will stop transfering of fuel from the higher to the lower tank.

Not everyone feels comfortable with wing tank fuel valves. That subject has been covered many times on these forums if you want to search that topic.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Generally fueling areas are level, but I had an overflow once fueling on a slanted surface. I stupidly filled the low wing first to the top, then as I filled the high wing the low wing puked fuel on the ground. Fill the high side first and immediately move to level ground after filling the low side. The height of the vent tubes gives you some leeway. Never park on slanted ground with totally full tanks.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS