Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kitfox 7 Speedster Specs & Pricing

Default Kitfox 7 Speedster Specs & Pricing

Have the specifications and pricing for the Kitfox 7 Speedster been released yet? I assume it can be registered in the light sport category? Thanks in advance.

Talking Re: Kitfox 7 Speedster Specs & Pricing

Long time lurker - First time poster. See image from the literature available at OSH.

I hope to visit Homedale in October for a demo ride.
    Last edited by aviator79; 08-01-2017 at 01:23 PM.

Default Re: Kitfox 7 Speedster Specs & Pricing

Just be aware, one ride, your sold on the plane.

Quote Originally Posted by efwd View Post
    Just be aware, one ride, your sold on the plane.
    John McBean and Paul Leadebrand certainly agree with you. John almost seemed amused that I want to come out and fly it before putting down a deposit, as if he had seen the future and was already certain of the outcome. I guess I should bring a checkbook.

I was supposed to fly on the first day with a stop at the factory planned to take a tour. I had to drive to the factory as I was weathered out. I wrote the check that day. I then went for 2.5 hours flight with Stick and Rudder the next day and began to laugh after I was given the controls for the first time. Steve (CFI) just looked at me and grinned. He knew without me saying anything. But I had to tell him, "I made the right choice and I am so happy I wrote the check". Had I flown a speedster I might have peed my pants in elation, who knows. Having seen the old speedster I did ask John about loops and rolls. I definitely would have ordered a speedster had it been available.
    Eddie

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you can do aerobatics in any airplane as long as you keep things positive g's and keep that g low. I was doing hammer heads, my favorite, this morning. of course with a few rolls mixed in. just need to keep things in the right perspective.
    steve
    slyfox
    model IV 1200-flying
    912uls
    IVO medium in-flight
    RV7A-flying
    IO-360
    constant speed prop

I'm not sure when it went live, but the Kitfox website now has additional details, including pricing and ordering information for the Speedster. So much is included with the basic kit, that it's not too far off of the number I'd tallied for the standard SS7. Other than the streamline lift and tail struts, the pricing all seems pretty reasonable.

Its good to see the spark of interest caused by the Speedster and previously by the STI and the use of the Titan engine - great to see the Kitfox constantly evolving.

On that note, I asked recently on the Flyin blog about a pic showing the install of the new 915is engine - is this another case of Kitfox trying a 'first'?? I assume it was at the factory? Anyone know the story? It will be really interesting to see how that engine performs compared tot he 912 and 914 variants.

Looking forward to insider knowledge.
    cheers
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.
    Landcruiser and Cub off road camper (doesn't get any kudos on this forum!)

Are there thoughts of a future engine change Ross ??!!
    David
    SS7 Builder