Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stabilizer Rib at 34 1/2"

Default Re: Stabilizer Rib at 34 1/2"

What a beautiful, glossy red! And nicely secured pinked tapes.
    Carl Strange
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Oratex, G3X

Thanks, Carl. That's actually (J-5) Cruiser Orange. It's on the Poly Fiber color chart. Incidently, with 780 hours on the ship now, no one has noticed the repair on the tail! Keep up the great work and make it FUN! I love to follow the progress..

Oh yeh. I forgot the fact that the catalog has the flapperon tips available for $35/pr. plus shipping. Thats not a bad deal. But, I had fun anyhow.
    Eddie

I agree with Floog, it is really fun to follow the progress of others. I originally thought that after finishing my SS7 I would probably be done with following this forum, unless I had a question about something. Turns out I am hooked on it and check in about once a day. I doubt I will ever build another plane (having too much fun flying now) but by continuing with this forum I can relive the building process which was very enjoyable to me.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

And thanks for staying active Jim! It the guys like you on this site, who have a great technical backgrounds, that add soo much and help out when the less technical amongst us get a little out of out depth.

I liked your story about missing the fairing on top of the vertical stab Floog! that would have came as a bit of a shock on assembly!

And EFWD, I did the same with Balsa - I think that was after the guys on this site suggesting it - I tried shaping the foam but it was messy.
    Enjoying your build too!

cheers
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.
    Landcruiser and Cub off road camper (doesn't get any kudos on this forum!)