Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: 2061X Updates-Header Tank, BRS, Aux Pump, Check Valve

Default 2061X Updates-Header Tank, BRS, Aux Pump, Check Valve

Well, I have ping'd this site a few times. Thank you all for you advice and photos. I thought it would be good to update the progress so far. My Cabin was smelling like a gas can so I replace the poly header tank with KF Aluminum Header Tank, Changed the 5/16 standard fuel line with 5/16 Barricade fuel line which blocks the vapor from escaping the fuel line, purchased from NAPA. In doing so I removed the fuel valves and the fuel filters between the wing and header tank, I replaced the header vent line in doing so learned that it needs to be full of fuel at all times. Since i removed the fuel filters between the wing tank and header tank I installed the 60 micron serviceable fuel filter by earls purchased from kitfox. I Also purchased the filter mount and converted all the barbed fittings FWF to AN-6. There is an adapter supplied by ROTAX to swap the Mechanical fuel pump-barbed fittings to AN-6. Though I am still awaiting these parts While there I updated the Fire sleeve added an Auxillary fuel pump-inline and installed the Andair Check Valve to the return line.

Oh and installed the Spring assist kit from KF. No Data yet.

Regarding the BRS. I purchased a used BRS 1350HS which came from a Flight Design CT. I fabricated a mount based on the Kitfox installation instructions provided by BRS. I don't believe you can purchase a mount from Kitfox at this time. I will post photos on what is completed thus far. I will update my post regarding the BRS since there is little data on this forum regarding this installation. Any way hope someone else finds this post useful, again thank you to all who contributed.

J
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kitfox 7-Flying
    ABW 26", T3, ABW 3200 Tailwheel
    Rotax 912ULS, Warp Drive Taper

Default Re: 2061X Updates-Header Tank, BRS, Aux Pump, Check Valve

The BRS Mount turned out really well, very solid. I did not paint it or add a finish mainly because it is hidden behind the baggage area. The mounting system consists of two pieces the main mount and the stiffner. I will add the back side photo of the BRS mount which is effectively 6061 .050 with stiffners and backing plates, secured with 3/16 aluminum rivets and cold weld. (didn't have any Hysol on hand) and of course a generous amount of WDG-7 Adel Clamps. the Stiffners added to the main assembly are courteous of the Hardware store-channel and the 1"x1"x1/16" angle.

I added the truss or stiffner piece mainly do to the length of the frame tube the mount is secured to. wasn't bad this is better. I used the framing tubes in the baggage area and the baggage floor pan. the floor pan is used mainly for lateral support not much weight bearing here. all three connections give it a very solid mount. Overall very happy with it. Does bother me a little I didn't powder coat the assembly but I will get over it.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kitfox 7-Flying
    ABW 26", T3, ABW 3200 Tailwheel
    Rotax 912ULS, Warp Drive Taper