Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Trailer specifications?

Default Re: Trailer specifications?

Jon,.. just a suggestion,.but you can get the torsion hubs that would mount right to your existing set up on your trailer with minimal modification,..I've see both the rubber torsion and the spring torsion set ups they look sort of like this and bolt right to the existing 4 bolt spindle mount
    Attached Images Attached Images

Have one of these designs for a tricycle gear?

Wishing I were at the fly in.
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

Dorsal ..give me the dimensions from main to front wheel in straight line then height of tail to rear trailer hitch mount if your plane has it ,.if it doesn't then height to tail guard,..I'll draw up some plans for you ,..with fuel tank and storage compartments onboard the trailer,..whatr colors are your plane

Chase

76Realty

Skypirate, you're awesome with the drawings you provide for the discussion. Keep up the good work. You're experience is really helpful for first timers like me.

Thanks Mike, I rather enjoy doing it ,...I'm into the visual aspect of explaining something ,..drawings and or photo's will answer questions that other's will have concerning a topic / item

Chase,
    Thanks for the offer, I may take you up on it. I am trying to decide between a custom open trailer and building an enclosed trailer/hanger. I have a neighbor down the street who is selling a deck over 4-place snow-mobile trailer for $2K (in very good shape). It is 20 X 8.5 and could make a good platform for a KF trailer but all this hinges on where my bird ends up living.
    Well time to go down and finish wiring my panel.
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

sounds like a plan Dorsal,..if you decide on the snow mobile trailer you could "V" the nose horizontally and make the point of the "V" the same height as the wing in fold config,.tail up, this way you wouldn't have to lengthen the bed..it would be real handy if the trailer was the tilt type,..up front where the bed lock down is you could put an electric trailer jack,.this would lift the nose of the bed enough for a straight in load,..if it doesn't have the tilt bed ,..it wouldn't be hard to make it that way ..

Chase
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have recently built an open trailer for my Model 5 Vixen. I started with an old Bowler holiday trailer that has individual rubber torsion suspension, 14 inch wheels and a light weight perimeter frame. I hauled the aircraft home from CA to BC, Canada and if travels just fine. I all transport it 20 kms to the local airport. Would like to find a reasonably priced hanger but no luck yet!

I have a number of pics showing details if anyone is interested. I am not sure how to post them, so just reply to the email don@hudgeon.com. I will be traveling til June 14 so no replies til after that.

Carl, if you just need a trailer for a one time haul, you can use mine. It's aluminum and specifically built for my IV. I hauled my KF from Minnesota to Olympia,WA.

Scott

I too have a nice tilt bed open trailer meant to haul a IV Taildragger, but would work for any of them. I am just north of Spokane at Deer Park, WA.