Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: North West Montana Fly-in

Default Re: North West Montana Fly-in

Weather permitting, I hope to find the time to fly over from the Seattle area. Have relatives in Eureka,Mt.

Update on the fly-in. The RAF requires that all pilots who fly into Ryan field get and read the safety briefing. Click the "Ryan Field Safety Briefing Request" on the Ryan Field home page. Just fill out the fields and the briefing will be emailed to you. As mentioned earlier, arrivals are planned for Friday Aug 19th. There will be light fare available (hot-dogs...chips...beverages...) Friday evening. Saturday am will be pancakes/sausage & coffee. A tentative fly-out schedule for those interested would be a round robin to Schafer USFS (8U2), then over to Meadow Creek USFS (0S1) followed by a stop at Spotted Bear (8U4) where we could stop for a light lunch (granola bars, fruit, water, etc..)...then back to Ryan Field. The rest of the day would be on your own...then Sat. evening would be a bbq Steak/Chicken dinner. We will have coffee & muffins available Sun am.
    For those interested in renting a car, Glacier Heli Tours rents various models and will pick u up @ Ryan ( this info is on the Ryan Field home page).There is also a courtesy car available on a first come first served basis. If you are not planning to camp and need hotel accomodations, a couple of possibilities include Glacier Travel Inn #406-892-0888 and Cedar Creek Lodge #406-897-7070. These are in Columbia Falls and had rooms as of a couple of days ago. Anything around West Glacier is full up. Other hotels are available in and around Kalispell, Whitefish and Columbia Falls.
    If you are planning to attend, and have not previously indicated, let me know as the time grows closer as that will dictate meal planning and such.

Guys and Gals,
    Great job on getting the Ryan field briefing guide! The folks at the RAF reported quite a few Kitfoxer's requesting the brief.
    It is a little over 2 weeks until the fly-in at Ryan field. Conditions here in NW Montana are great! We have had some fires break out in west central Montana, a couple west of Missoula and another south of Missoula, near Hamilton...but it is clear and sunny in our corner of the state.
    I will be putting a shopping list for meals together in the next week, so I am going to need a head count for those planning on attending and for what meals. As a rough guess...I think a $25.00/person donation should cover food costs...if I am missing something, or if there are any suggestions...please let me know....
    Jeff

Aug 12th update...we had an inch of rain the other day, with sunny days in the forecast...things are looking good here for the fly-in... I plan to be at Ryan field early to mid afternoon next Friday (the 19th). I am looking for a headcount, primarily for Sat. nights steak feed..(I got a good buy on rib-eye steaks)...and whether you prefer chicken...Hoping for a good turnout and looking forward to meeting some new folks...
    Jeff

Looks awesome Jeff, I would fly down but the ole Cherokee probably cant handle the strip loaded up for camping and I don't have a customs sticker for her.

Hopefully next year the kitfox is flying. You are only about a 3.5 flight so it would be a nice trip.
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

You can count me for three plates .My wife is towing the camper up on Sat with the kids.thanks again for all the work

and one more for joe .he will be there in the challenger

Count me and my wife in on your head count.

I am planning on coming, just one person. Hoping to get up there late Friday and will be camping at the airport.
    Phil Nelson
    A&P-IA, Maintenance Instructor
    KF 5 Outback, Cont. IO-240
    Flying since 2016

I just downed the kit fox for a bad coil wire. New coil is in the mail and I should have it by thursday. If all goes well, I will be a party of two, camping at the field. would love to have two plates but if we are not there, I'll send you a check for them both. Just give me a mailing address for you. Hope to see you there.