Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kitfox owners group on Facebook

Default Kitfox owners group on Facebook

I do the Facebook thing and over the years have joined several owners groups for cars, boats, and other interests.

I find them beneficial because other members can instantly answer questions and post photos, videos, and other information.

I searched Facebook and didn't see any owners groups for Kitfox aircraft so I started one.

Feel free to join if you want.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/907503245998540/

Default Re: Kitfox owners group on Facebook

No thanks. I don't do FB.

I have been doing both FB and this forum for posting Kitfox flying photos. I have a number of non-Kitfox owners who are interested in seeing my flying photos, so I do FB for that purpose. They would not be very likely to come to TeamKitfox to see photos. I usually post the same photos in both places. I'm just thinking out loud here, but I sort of worry that a Kitfox group on FB might cause some folks to post there and not on this forum. I would hate to see that happen because I personally believe this forum is the best thing that ever happened to us Kitfoxers and it should always get all the good photos and trip reports. If we are going to have a group on FB I guess that is OK, but lets try not to have it replace this wonderful forum. Just my 2 cents.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

this is my thought, it is easier to post pictures on facebook, so if it gets going good I know I will post a bunch. All you have to do is push upload a picture and find it on your computer, nothing else, easy as pie. I like it. I also belong to many groups, fishing, another one for the RV. I do know on my general fb that it's nothing but a tabloid. I know this so I treat it as such. Why is that one like that, most, well all the people on it is just general people, I use it to advertise my business. I get work off it by doing so. So I put that one where it belongs, in the tabloid arena. In other words I don't believe what's on there. period. Sorry people, no boogie man is going to come out and grab you and hurt you on facebook. You make it what you want it to be.
    steve
    slyfox
    model IV 1200-flying
    912uls
    IVO medium in-flight
    RV7A-flying
    IO-360
    constant speed prop

I understand the thought. I am a business owner and one of the more eye opening experiences I've had in the last few years is how important social media is to get a business more exposed to potential customers. I've been involved in the beginning stages of other special interest owners groups that also have a dedicated forum and what we've found is that the effect is actually the opposite. It drives more people to participate in the forum and attracts new people which an owners group can actively encourage. None of the other forums for other interests have suffered one bit from it and I will certainly still participate here.

Some of this may be generational differences. I might be one of the younger members of this forum as I'm in my 30's. Talking to my father on the business he was completely against any effort put into social media but now will admit that its made a measurable difference to the positive. I grew up with this stuff and my teenage daughter knows more about it than I do. This is basically free advertising for Kitfox and if they want to take over the group then that's fine with me.

Kitfox Aircraft has been on FaceBook for a couple years now. I don't believe they answer tech questions or get into any indepth building assistance there.
    There is probably a good reason for that.

Also , "Flying the Kitfox" F.B. Site has been up for some years also so Gregg' is not the only F.B. page relating to the Kitfox.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Quote Originally Posted by DesertFox4 View Post
    Kitfox Aircraft has been on FaceBook for a couple years now. I don't believe they answer tech questions or get into any indepth building assistance there.
    There is probably a good reason for that.
    Agreed. I've followed them for a while now. There are all kinds of reasons why they would not want to get in depth with it. This is a little different because it's an owners group. For instance I'm sure Chevrolet promotes the Corvette on Facebook but yet there will still be a separate owners group. No one owns the owners group. It's just a group of passionate people that follow each other around a common interest.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertFox4 View Post

Also , "Flying the Kitfox" F.B. Site has been up for some years also so Gregg' is not the only F.B. page relating to the Kitfox.
    Right but that's not a group. It's a individuals page about flying the kitfox.

To be clear. I do not own this group and it is not a page. The group has the say as to what happens in this.

You guys can fill me in. I'm a Facebook contentious objector. Never did it, never will. Zukerberg will never get anything from me. [\soapbox]

We have a great group here. Why split it to another?
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

It's a very difficult thing to explain to someone that's never participated in it and I'm no Zukerberg fan either but social media is here to stay. It doesn't split the group but rather makes it more visible. Tough to explain... You don't give to Facebook but rather use it to your advantage.
    Last edited by gregsgt; 04-04-2016 at 05:14 PM.