Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: It's Official My Model IV will have a 912

Default Re: It's Official My Model IV will have a 912

These photos are great thanks so much for the images. They are much better than I could have taken. If you can get some of the mount at the back it could be helpful but I know they are tough to get because there is so much in the way in back. I noticed you are using an older KF style filler. Where did the spider tank come from. Did you make that yourself. Curious. Thanks again for the photos. They are helpful.
    Norm

Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    If you can get some of the mount at the back it could be helpful but I know they are tough to get
    Not quite what you're after but best I could do sorry
    IMG_2907.jpg
    (Above - Top down view of the engine rubber isolator mounts)

IMG_2908.jpg
    (Above - Looking up at the bottom of the engine, note the aluminium shields around the isolator mounts to stop heat damage from the exhaust)

IMG_2909.jpg
    (Above - Oil cooler mount, I believe the location of this is optional, this one is inside the round cowling)

IMG_2911.jpg
    (Above - Another top down view)

IMG_2912.jpg
    (Above - Top down view of rubber mounts)

IMG_2914.jpg
    (Above - Looking up at bottom of engine and the hangar roof )

I noticed you are using an older KF style filler.
    Not quite sure which part you're refering to but most likely it did come with the kit (Dad was the builder)
    Where did the spider tank come from. Did you make that yourself.
    Dad wouldn't have made it, so most likely came with the engine.
    Thanks again for the photos. They are helpful.
    Norm
    Not a problem, too happy to help, I remember being a "young tacker" watching Dad send fax to SkyStar and wait hours for a response due to the time difference (U.S.A vs Australia).. if only the internet had evolved earlier

All great pictures. Thanks for the help. Your right about the net. Sure helps a lot with information exchange.
    Thanks again
    Norm

Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post

Not a problem, too happy to help, I remember being a "young tacker" watching Dad send fax to SkyStar and wait hours for a response due to the time difference (U.S.A vs Australia).. if only the internet had evolved earlier
    Al Gore wasn't available....
    Lou
    KitFox II

Jono
    I was wondering if I could bother you to post a picture of the water collection on top of the motor. Because one of you pictures show an older style filler tube I suspect your water collection is home fabricated. Since I may have to make one for my Model IV 912 Pictures would be helpful. I remember you are not always at your hanger and there is no hurry so next time you are out if you could get some shots that would be great.
    Thanks Norm

Sure, I wont be back until the 29th August, but will certainly take some pics for you. I did ask dad about the water collection part and he said it came with the kit. So perhaps Skystar made them?

Thanks That would be great. I don't need them in a hurry as I am still some time away from getting the motor going.
    Thanks again
    Norm

Hey Jono
    My plane is about ready to fly but I have an issue with the ignition system. One mag drop is radical. Unfortunatly I have the older silver box similar to the one you have on your plane and I can not find any information on the net.. I believe my plugs are in the wrong order compared to what is written on the box. I was hoping you might have some documentation or possibly could check the firing order of the plugs as they come out of your box.
    Thanks for checking for me.
    Norm
    Norm
    Airdrie Ab, Can
    North of Calgary
    Flying SuperFox Model IV

hi Norm
    it could be just plug leads in correctly placed or just leads breaking down. had the same thing with a skyfox here with bad mag drop on one ignition turned out to be the leads arcing out, they were original. inside that metal box is........ 2 cdi's and 4 coils just like any other 912 oh and a mess of wires! take note where each wire goes and to what coil. to check the leads you could start it in the dark with cowls removed and see any spark leaking, careful keep clear of prop please. i am overseas at tbe moment and aircraft has been sold but my notes may still be there( someone else used them, hope they kept them) I will be back in october. Tom

yes, I missed you at Tumut!

r
    Ross
    Mt Beauty, Vic
    OZ
    Sold to Richard and Scott Taubman in OZ, 2019. Kitfox SS7,Rotax 912is Sport, Airmaster CSP 75" blades.
    Landcruiser and Cub off road camper (doesn't get any kudos on this forum!)