Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: AOPA's Kitfox Poster Boy

Default AOPA's Kitfox Poster Boy

True to their word, the editors at AOPA Pilot put Paul Leadabrand and his pet plane on the cover of this month's issue. The lead article and cover story is entitled "Light Sport Aircraft: Bigfoot Kitfox." You can read it on-line at http://www.aopa.org/pilot/cover.html.

Well, it's the cover story on MOST issues anyway; I get the (sniff!) "Turbine Pilot" version of the mag and this month's issue has a Czech L-39 on the cover and a "Cure for Fighter Fever" is the cover story in that version. ("Fighter" my @$$...) I didn't even know there WAS a Kitfox feature article in this month's issue until I read the overview on page six, which proclaimed the Kitfox article was the "cover story!" I've seen a lot of highly modified Kitfoxes in my day, but never one with twin intakes and such a pointy nose! Dang near had a conniption right on the spot.

Anyway, another great article about our favorite aircraft and a very favorable review by Alton K. Marsh in what is probably the most influential GA publication in the world. Beautiful photography, with very nice but non-technical descriptive prose (the "outside door handle" goof notwithstanding) does our favorite home-folks in Homedale (and Boise!) quite proud. Congratulations John, Debra and Paul!!!!

Now I gotta go back on-line and putz around until I can figure out how to play the video they made of the photo-shoot...ENJOY!

"E.T."

All contents of the AOPA Web Sites are: Copyright © 1995-2007 AOPA and/or its suppliers, 421 Aviation Way, Frederick, MD 21701, U.S.A. All rights reserved.
    TRADEMARKS. AOPA and/or other AOPA products referenced herein are either trademarks or registered trademarks of AOPA. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
    Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
    Last edited by DesertFox6; 03-22-2012 at 09:17 PM.

Default Re: AOPA's Kitfox Poster Boy

Oh poop. I just now discovered DesertFox4 had entered this news yesterday; I just didn't read down far enough to see his entry line.

As "Emily Latella" used to say on SNL, "Never-mind..."

"E.T."
    (sigh)
    Last edited by DesertFox6; 03-22-2012 at 09:22 PM.