Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Looks like a Good buy on a model 4, includes Rotax 912 setup

Default Looks like a Good buy on a model 4, includes Rotax 912 setup

Looks like a Good buy on a model 4, includes Rotax 912 setup for less than 12K on Ebay:

KITFOX MODEL 4 1200 EXPERIMENTAL AIRCRAFT
    COMPLETE KIT LESS ENGINE COVER AND PAINT,APROX. 70% COMPLETE,METICULOS CONSTRUCTION,SET UP FOR ROTAX 912 ENGINE.PROJECT INCLUDES LONG WINGS W/REMOVABLE WING TIPS, TWIN 14 GAL. WING TANKS,UPPER AND LOWER FALSE RIBS.CUSTOM VINYL INTERIOR BASIC VISUAL FLIGHT INSTUMENT AND ENGINE INSTUMENTATION.OPTIONAL ELEC. HOT BOX W/ NEC. WIRING ,STATIC AIR SYSTEM,OIL COOLER , RADIATOR W/ AIR SCOOP, GAS COALATOR, CABIN HEATER, ENGINE MOUNT,EXHAUST SYSTEM,20" TUNDRA TIRES W/ DISC BRAKES,OPTINAL ALUMINUM TAIL WHEEL SPRING,INTERCOASTAL TAIL GROUP RIB INSERTS,MANUALS AND BUILD LOG LIFE CHANGES FORCE SALE

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/KITFO...item231b0b4e15

Default Re: Looks like a Good buy on a model 4, includes Rotax 912 setup

By the time you buy an engine for it and finish the build that makes it look pretty expensive to me!
    Kitfox 4 (1050)
    912UL
    Based in UK

Seriously? Finish this with a new, list price, 912 and you will still have less than half what an SS cost to build. With a used 912, I bet this plane could be flying for less than $20k.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

I think that Rotax FWF install kit (minus the engine) is still worth 3-4K all by itself. The wings are about ready to cover and the instruments/interior installed. Looks like about 400 hours of work have gone into it too boot. Certainly buying the parts new would run well above the asking 12K price, .

If I didn't already have one, I would offer him 11K for it and drive it back home happy if he accepted.

Roger

This plane 'appears' to be the same plane I have seen listed on ebay for well over a year. He puts it on...gets a few bids and then cancels the add or he doesn't get any offers and keeps trying to get his minimum bid for it. I haven't personally looked at it but there has got to be some reason it has been for sale for such a long time.