Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Model IV Radiator Tubes

Default Model IV Radiator Tubes

Hi,

Thanks to help from Jerrytex, my engine is mounted and I have moved onto the cooling system. I have two aluminum tubes that are supposed to run to the radiator. The "left" tube from the spider tank on top of the 912 and the "right" one from the coolant pump at the rear of the engine. No pictures in the manual and I am not sure how they attach. I have a '97 kit. I mention this because I have searched this site and the web for pictures and have seen some model IVs that use different plumbing. Maybe they got to this point and ran into the same problem.

I have attached a couple of pictures. The one of the firewall shows the "left" tube in place. I assume I have this one correct although I may need to shorten the rubber hose at the top so is sits higher. It runs down the firewall and then along under the fuselage to the left side of the radiator. Note the water pump outlet in the upper left corner of the picture. Is it facing the wrong direction as the "right" tube is supposed to attach to it via a 4" piece of rubber tubing. Can it be rotated by removing the two bolts holding it on and then flipped over? If so, how does one assure a good seal. The other picture is of the "right" tube. Yikes, I can't see how it fits regardless of the position of the pump outlet.

Anyone got any pictures of a completed installation?

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Model IV Radiator Tubes

Go to the following link on this forum. There are pictures posted that might help. http://www.teamkitfox.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=3425
    Lowell

Wow, those pictures are just what I spent about an hour looking for this morning and couldn't find. Thanks Lowell!

So I guess the stickers got reversed on my tubes. Left is right and right is left. Something like that. How hard is it to "rotate" the water pump inlet?

Not hard. The inlet fitting is sealed with an O ring.
    Lowell