I have an Xcom radio that I bought and installed on 6/26/09 in my RV. This radio worked fine until about three weeks ago. At this time period it would work when I turned it on. It has its own switch, so when turning it on it would go right to the last freq I had it on, for this radio it was used for the ATIS at my home station. Anyway, I would turn this radio off and use my 210a for primary after that. Than as I was coming back in to land I would switch on this radio for the ATIS, well no go, the radio didn't come back on. This went on for about 2 weeks. Than all the sudden I went out to go fly and I turned on the radio like always and nothing. I removed the radio and checked for power at pins 9 and 10, all ok, checked for grounds, all ok. I cut out the harness and took everything to my shop and did some more checking, the connector or harness is just fine. I call the place I bought the radio and they said to call Narco in the states, cool, I didn't want to send it overseas. I call them and I'm told NO WARRANTY. You will have to send us the radio and your CCard number for there will be a 2hr minimum charge to look at the radio, which he said something like 230dollars. EEEk. I thought man, I'm 6 months out on this thing and this doesn't sound good at all. THe serial no of my unit is 5155 which is within when they are suppose to have good radios, narco started buiding after 5000 if information is correct. So now I have no choice, a dead radio and out 1200 dollars if I just throw it in the can and start over with something else. So I send the radio out and I guess I'm just going to have to see what happens.

I went and posted this on the RV list as well and got a response that cold solder joints are a big problem on these radios at the connector on the back. I'm currently trying to stop the shipment of this radio to narco and have it sent back to me, any suggestion on how to do this will be welcome. The fella on the rv list said that he is an authorized repair station for this radio and said to send it to him and he will fix it right up. will keep everybody advised.