Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: fuel system model lV Jabiru

Default fuel system model lV Jabiru

Does anyone have the info on the proper fuel system set up for a Jabiru 2200. Not sure where to mount the header tank and run the lines for good flow.

Thanks, Dan

Default Re: fuel system model lV Jabiru

May header tank is mounted behind the right side seat as low as I could get it. I then ran a aluminum fuel line 5/16" ID to the console fuel shut off valve then onto the fire wall. Then converted to 1/4" rubber fuel line to the fuel pump, then rubber fuel line from the pump to the carb. A good filter in between the pump and carb.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Is the aluminum block on the vent attach point a low fuel sensor? and if so what does it use for a readout?
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

My model 4 has a low fuel warning sensor mounted in the header tank however it is mounted in the top hole on the right side (using the picture below for reference).

Picture?

I also use a float type sensor in the top hole on the side of the tank, works well but is very annoying to remove in the event of a leaky install (yes from experience).
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

I was referring to djmc4344's photo.

Dan, Thanks for the picture and the help! Do you have a boost pump or gasolator installed in your kitfox and any valves or filters between the wing and header tanks.

Dan Gallow
    lV / 1200 Tri-Gear
    Jabiru 2200

Question Re: fuel system model lV Jabiru

Quote Originally Posted by djmc4344 View Post
    May header tank is mounted behind the right side seat as low as I could get it. I then ran a aluminum fuel line 5/16" ID to the console fuel shut off valve then onto the fire wall. Then converted to 1/4" rubber fuel line to the fuel pump, then rubber fuel line from the pump to the carb. A good filter in between the pump and carb.
    Dan, Thanks for all the help! Do you run a boost pump in your system. Can tell me if you use a gasolator, valves and filters between the wing tanks and header tank. Thanks

WISDAN
    lV-1200 Tri-gear
    Jabiru 2200

No I don't run a boost pump and the header tank is my gascolator. I use to have filters between the the wing tanks and header tank but I changed my mind about them being located there I also switched to 3/8 I.D. fuel hose to make sure flow to the header tank is more than adequate.

The aluminum block on the header tank is low fuel indicator that I purchased from Lowell Fitt. It indicates green light on the panel when the vent line fills with fuel, if the fuel low a red light flashes meaning you 20 minutes or so to land.

Dan

I mounted my low fuel sensor in the vent line, about 10" below the point where the vent line enters the fuel tank. Not sure I would mount it with one end attached to the header tank. The unsupported end with vent line attached will put some stress on the tank/sensor attach point. Just a thought....