Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: PVC moulding fairings

Default PVC moulding fairings

I have heard and read that streamlined lift strut fairings can be made using PVC moulding that you can buy at a hardware store i.e. Home Depot or Lowes. Anyone know about this and if so, which moulding is it?

Default Re: PVC moulding fairings

The fairings that KF sells are PVC, I have not seen anything like them from a generic source.
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

Don't know the specifics, but the molding some have used is a foam core door frame molding. The pieces have a slight positive contour and are used in pairs, back to back. They are glued together and then to the aft side of the lift strut.

I haven't got 'm, yet, but will have. I flew hanggliders and they use these kinds as well.

The ones from Streamline are pretty nice. Looks like you have to rivet them to the strut. The price is definately right.

I believe thats what I was looking for. I hear you can use PVC instead of wood so maybe a little filler, sanding and some paint and I would be in business. Thanks abunch.