Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Model V brake line help

Default Model V brake line help

I am working on a model V with the brake line that runs up the back of the gear. I would like to see some pics of how others have ran this line. The areas of concern are where the right line attaches to the right pedal. There is not much area for the line to attach without rubbing one tube or another. It needs to be able to move and not rub as the pedals move. Also interested to see how you guys are routing the line up to the pedals and a good method to bring it through the fabric. Thanks for any help.

Default Re: Model V brake line help

Any place that my brake lines contacted the tubing I slit some 1/8" fuel line and slipped over it.

Default Re: Model V brake line help

Thanks I have been doing this but the 90 degree fitting that comes out of the cylinder shoots the line straight out into the cowl which makes it make a sharp bend. I have tried facing the 90 degree fitting facing inboard but then I have an ugly brake line that loops around. It works but does not look real good. Thanks for the help.