Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Went to the "dark side" :)

Default Went to the "dark side" :)

I was "forced" to acquire a new project plane last weekend. I was not really looking for a new plane but my arm was twisted pretty badly. Don't worry, I have no intentions to relieve myself of my beloved KF IV!

Hopefully after some restoration, I'll have it in the air by June. It's a 1954 Piper Tri- Pacer PA-22 converted to a PA-20 taildragger. Has not been flown in the last 15 years but has been sitting in a hangar since. Will be recovering the wings and cleaning/repainting the fuselage. Decent radios. Engine is mid-time and "probably" OK. Interior is very good, but very dirty.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Went to the "dark side" :)

Scott,
    Nice find! The cockpit is one to drool over :>) You should have fun restoring this one.
    Dan B
    Mesa, AZ

Default Re: Went to the "dark side" :)

Very sweet. The most under rated airplane flying today as far as I am concerned. Do the Eddie Trimmer dual sea plane door mod. Pretty cheap STC and makes it a much more enjoyable bird. One of these days I will rebuild mine.