Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kitfox factory fly-in 2010

Default Kitfox factory fly-in 2010

My wife and I arrived home today from a great annual fly in at the Kitfox factory in Homedale, Idaho. I jumped on line to see posts from those in attendance but did see any yet. I hope I'm not being too bold posting this but I couldn't wait any longer. I don't have the "official attendance" so please feel free to correct me but I counted 25 airplanes at this year's fly in. Some were coming and going during the weekend so it was hard to get an exact count. I didn't get a count on people so someone else will need to chime in here.

John, Debra and Company did a fantastic job of welcoming all. Once again it was a great time of reacquainting with friends from before and a place to meet new friends and fellow aviators as well as a chance to see new planes, paint jobs, modifications and ideas. Of course the new factory radial is indeed a sight to behold.

Just like advertised at kitfoxaircraft.com, it truely was a great fly-in with great food and great flying. Thank you John and Deb!
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    912A / 3 Blade Taper Tip Warp Drive
    Convertible Nosewheel & Tailwheel
    SkySteve's SPOT Page
    SkySteve's You Tube Videos

Default Re: Kitfox factory fly-in 2010

Thanks for the report Steve. Hope to be there next year. John said we're only allowed to miss one factory fly in so I've used up my one miss. Glad you had fun. Hope some photos show up soon on TeamKitfox.com. Sounds like the weather might have cooperated too. Did they fly the radial while you were there?

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Absolutely. The radial flew several times with low passes for photos. Pappa's radial cowl was on for the flights. What a great looking bird. And there I stood without a camera.

I also learned that when 102YB makes a radio call to you in flight to fly straight and level, just do it. Thanks for the formation John. Enjoyed it.
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    SkySteve's SPOT Page

I enjoyed the fly-in. Unfortunately all the pictures I took were build related so not much help here. The airplanes were nice and the folks were as nice and John and Debra did a bang up job. I met some new folks and hooked up with an old friend and that is what it is about.

Lowell

Pictures, pictures, have pity on us poor folk who are still stuck in a box and can't fly that far.
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

As heard on 122.9: "Homedale control center, this is Little Dog One coming in for a full stop landing, have my hairdresser standing by, please. Little Dog One, over".

Sorry, that's the only photo I have of the fly-in.
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    SkySteve's SPOT Page

I found a couple of photos that work. The first is what people do at great fly-ins. The second is why folks go.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Did anyone there... check out the new leading edge (on the radial) ?
    NOKITFOXYET

Can't as in not finished with my 40 hours yet plan to in the future. (will be 2300 miles one way)

Little dog made my day
    Last edited by Dorsal; 09-08-2010 at 11:14 AM.
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

Question Re: Kitfox factory fly-in 2010

Quote Originally Posted by DesertFox4 View Post
    Thanks for the report Steve. Hope to be there next year. John said we're only allowed to miss one factory fly in so I've used up my one miss. Glad you had fun. Hope some photos show up soon on TeamKitfox.com. Sounds like the weather might have cooperated too. Did they fly the radial while you were there?
    Hey Steve,

Have you gotten the pic's I sent you of Dan denny and the original Kitfox scanned yet?

Haven't heard back from you since OSH.

Later
    Glenn
    Avid Flyer
    Rans S6ES
    Rans S19 - In progress
    Kitfox Super Sport