Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Danish registration

Default Danish registration

I am the happy owner of a KITFOX IV. I have bought it in Italy where it was assembled in 2008. It has now been on Italian registration for 2 years, only flying 20 hours. I am Danish and only working here in Italy until end of August this year. Then I will trailer the KITFOX to Denmark and here comes the issue.
    As I have no documentation regarding the technical state the inspection in Denmark might include that the whole cover will have to be taken of, in order to put weight pressure on the wings and other drastic tests just to have the Danish registration.
    I do not even have a serial number but it is a model IV and the kit is from 2001 the perversely owner told me.
    Does any of you have suggestions / advises for me, in order to convince the Danish “technical chief” that it will not be necessary to “strip” it in order to make an inspection?

Default Re: Danish registration

Can you point them to other Kitfox airplanes already registered in Denmark?
    I found at least two (OY-CMR, 9-202) at the Danish Civil Aircraft Register web site. ( HTTP://www.oy-reg.dk/register/ )

Or refer to the Kitfox approval by other European countries. For example, it is in England's Light Aircraft Association "Accepted Aircraft List" (And their approval process requires engineering analysis of the design. AKA "certification light")

Roberto Waltman

PS: Did you really mean "the perversely owner"
    Or the previous owner

Dear Roberto

One of the only two Kitfoxes in Denmark has been totally crashed as far as I know (the pilot was fine) and the other is a Kitfox III still flying.

The Danish organisation DULFU is using Germany as a reference. If a plane has a standard approval there it might not be a big deal in Denmark. This is if we are talking assembled by the producer. When we are talking homebuilt it’s a different case. I will try to refer to the English “Accepted Aircraft List”. That might be a good Idea. Anyway if I mentally prepare myself to se the plane being striped and heavy sand bags placed on the wings when the plane is upside down, it can only get better.

There might be a failure in my spelling control but the previous owner seemed not especial pervert, - at least at the handover..

Any of you who can send me some photos of exactly where the serial number is placed either in the back of the mainframe or where the seat belts are in the front I am told. The structure has been painted and the paint might be hiding the number if it is still there. If I know where to scratch of paint, I just might be lucky to find the number.

Please someone tell me the normal struts diameter for the wings on a model IV. I am still trying to get it on Danish registration.
    Futhermore I am still looking for the serial number on it.

Jesper, the wing struts on my Classic 4 are 1 inch outside diameter.

For serial number check the flat tabs welded on on each side of the fuselage where the side shoulder belts are attached and the tab where the center shoulder belts are attached. Also John McBean has posted a picture of the serial number on the tab that the front of the horizontal stabilizer attaches to. Here is a link to that thread. http://www.teamkitfox.com/Forums/sho...=serial&page=2 and here is a direct link to that picture http://www.teamkitfox.com/Forums/att...1&d=1276741415
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Tom Jones
    Classic 4 builder

Tom gives good advice. I just measured my lift struts and they are one inch. I believe the older Model IV-1050 had 7/8" struts.

For some reason, the various owners of the design decided to move the serial number location all over the place. The early Model IVs had it stamped on the triangle that the mid shoulder harnesses attached to. It appears that the latest Model IVs had it stamped on the forward horizontal stabilizer mounting tab.

Do you have any idea the approximate kit delivery date.

Good luck.

Lowell

Hi and thanks for your interest. I think the kit is from 2001, so the old model? Anyway I need to find some documentation that the struts are ok being only 7/8 inch on my model. I must have the serial number in order to do that or?
    Or if I might find the exact data for my model saying that the struts are to be only 7/8 inch.
    Greetings, Sidenius

Dear owners or guys with technical knowledge about Kitfox.
    After a period trying to sell the KT I am now really ready to take the up hill fight to get my KT on Danish registration. I just need some help from you. I still didn’t find the serial number and actually it might be a type 1 or 2 which has been changed.
    As described I need new struts as the ones I have do not have the correct dimension. I have asked KT in your country and the price is ok if was just not living in Denmark and have to pay for the shipment and high tax. I have talked with one, let’s call him Danish Inspector” (DI) today and it’s ok if I will have the struts made here if they are made by a professional and of the correct steel (4130). One of my friends happens to be a flight mechanic. Now it comes:
    Can some please send me detailed photos of struts made in the 1 inch. type? I would prefer “naked” without any thing put on top to make it aerodynamic. Especially the details around the attachment to the wing and around the attachment to the fuselage would help me a lot.
    And, I need a so called “Hand Book” which describe different parts on the plane. As I am not sure which type it is I have another challenge in that book. I have a photo of my plane if someone can see the type just from the photo? Ones I know which type it is I might be able to find the serial number too.

Sidenius, Denmark
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DesertFox4; 08-14-2014 at 09:15 PM.

Sidenius,
    The wings and flaperons in your picture are a model 4. The rudder on yours has been modified by extending its depth. That along with you mentioning the wing struts are less than 1 inch diameter makes me believe it is a model 4-1050.

See the locations for the 4-1050 serial numbers in this post.
    http://www.teamkitfox.com/Forums/showpost.php?p=9315&postcount=12
    Note he says the number may be difficult to see because it may be covered by the powder coating.

There are several people with 4-1050s that are members of this forum. Maybe one of them has found the serial number and can help.

Two books that will help you are found on page 7 of the Kitfox Aircraft LLC catalogue. They are the "Kitfox Pilot's Guide" and the "Pilots Operating Hand Book" which covers all the different model 4s

Last edited by t j; 01-08-2011 at 03:26 PM.
    Tom Jones
    Classic 4 builder