Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: EAA AirVenture 2010 field conditions update link.

Question EAA AirVenture 2010 field conditions update link.

Concerns about field conditions due to recent weather at Oshkosh may have some wondering if there is parking/camping for arriving aircraft.

Here is a link to the field conditions at Oshkosh provided by EAA. Updates approx. every 12 hours. See you there.

http://www.airventure.org/aircraft/parking_status.asp

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

Default Re: EAA AirVenture 2010 field conditions update link.

I can offer a first hand observation:

We took our camper over to the Airventure grounds yesterday. It is quite muddy and wet in the area that we went to. We camp at the south end of the field across from the UL Red Barn. 4x4 was mandatory to get our camper into the field where we camp and quite a bit of skill using it was mandatory.

(update 11 am 7-24) As of this morning the operators of this campground are employing a large tractor to pull ALL campers into position.

Another friend who is camping in the EAA grounds by the theater in the woods is reporting that there is a lot of standing water and impromptu streams flowing everywhere...

I did not venture onto the actual Airventure grounds, but will be flying in tomorrow.

I will attempt to give more information as I can. I will not have a computer there, but there may be a chance I can borrow something to forward information...
    Last edited by Av8r3400; 07-24-2010 at 09:10 AM.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos