Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Plastic front 9.5 gal fueltank

Default Plastic front 9.5 gal fueltank

I am re-installing my front fuel tank in my Kitfox IV. I need to install the filler neck and I am not sure what the best adhesive to use is. Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Default Re: Plastic front 9.5 gal fueltank

I used silicone......it stays plyable.

Default Re: Plastic front 9.5 gal fueltank

My 1994 kit came with what looks like a black rubber filler neck for a car or truck fuel tank. It is 2.25 inches ID by three inches long. It was to connect the neck to the tank using hose clamps. Unfortunately the plastic neck and tank inlet are 2.5 inches OD. It didn't fit.

I ended up using a plumbing pipe splice rubber sleeve for a water pipe. It was suggested by another builder at the time. He had used one and no problems. Mine's been on for three years now and no effects from fuel. I am using fuel with no alcohol.

If you can use the 2.25 ID one that came with my kit you can have it. I am heading to a fire in AZ in a couple minutes but should be able to check back when I get internet in a few days.
    Tom Jones
    Classic 4 builder