Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GSC props

Default Re: GSC props

Today over my lunch break I got to hear of another wooden blade departure (actually all 3 blades departed) from a Kitfox. Yes this thread did pop into my mind as the story unfolded.
    The departure of the wooden blades instantly broke most of the motor mounts. Being it was a Rotax 912 it shucked the carbs almost instantly killing the engine before it could tear itself off the front of the aircraft. The motor remained attached by hoses , cables and one part of the mount. If it's all the same to you guys 2nd hand is the only way I care to experience this kind of situation.
    Maybe some have already heard of this incident but it's a new one to me.
    The aircraft is now located in the "Valley" so I'll probably get a chance to delve more deeply into the incident when I have more time than just my lunch break. Fly safe. Choose wisely.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

I hope we are drawing a distinction between three blade adjustable props and two blade one piece props. I have and would fly behind a one piece wood prop all day long, three blade adjustable I will stick with composites. This distinction is probably obvious but I thought I'd through it in there.
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

Hi Guys
    Thank you for your advice and views,John,the props were tried on two gear boxes,one on the plane and one fixed to bench vice,no difference.I think Dorsal sums this one up,two blade fixed,not much to go wrong.Steve ,let us know about that prop breaking up,when and if you hear full account
    thanks