Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Model Differences

Default Model Differences

Is there anywhere that gives a side by side/bullet point list comparing the different models? Looking around at used Kitfoxes, not sure if I should be considering all models, or just the newer ones. Seems to be a lot of Model 4s on the market. Mainly looking at the difference between the 4, 5 and 7.

Default Re: Model Differences

I quick run of the search function on this board will lead you to many answers you are looking for.

The model IV is the kit built in the highest number, which is why you see them most frequently for sale. The 5-7SS basically are the same fuselage, with subtle differences and refinements. The wing and flapperon control system have been the same since the model IV.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Order a copy of "Kitfox Pilot's Guide" from Kitfox Aircraft. It is a complete reference guide to the different models of Kitfox. It describes the differences between the different models and their handling.

Ralph

Quote Originally Posted by Av8r3400 View Post
    I quick run of the search function on this board will lead you to many answers you are looking for.

The model IV is the kit built in the highest number, which is why you see them most frequently for sale. The 5-7SS basically are the same fuselage, with subtle differences and refinements. The wing and flapperon control system have been the same since the model IV.

Thank you sir.

Quote Originally Posted by rv9ralph View Post
    Order a copy of "Kitfox Pilot's Guide" from Kitfox Aircraft. It is a complete reference guide to the different models of Kitfox. It describes the differences between the different models and their handling.

Ralph
    Did not know that existed, thank you, I will order that manual. Sounds exactly what I'm looking for.