Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Kitfox 1 Drawings

Default Kitfox 1 Drawings

Hi All,

I have Kitfox 1 SN 144 and am trying to find someone the has the drawings/build instructions for one near that serial number. The person I'm getting the plane from doesn't have any of the plans/drawings. I spoke with Kitfox and they said they don't know what SN the information they have is. Anyone have what I'm looking for?

Thanks!

Jimmy

Default Re: Kitfox 1 Drawings

I have serial # 151, but wont be near the paper work for a while. 1-3 manuals should for the most part be pretty much the same, although they used longer lift struts on the Kitfox 3. Actually later manuals may have better instructions and such then the early ones, as they got better at writing manuals as they went along. JImChuk

Thanks, Jim.

In talking with Kitfox they weren't sure what drawings would work with my plane because there were a lot of changes made throughout the Kitfox 1 planes. Right now I don't have anything other than the aircraft logbook (no build logs etc) so anything would be of great help.

Jimmy

The joysticks, and controls are probably all the same on Kitfoxes 1-3. Your Kitfox 1 probably has an aluminum firewall, better to make a new one out of SS. Brakes maybe are different, but only down on the landing gear. Probably the same up on the pedals. Like I said, liftstruts are longer on the Kitfox 3, so the strut attachment brackets are further out on the spars on the Kitfox 3. At any rate, if you can only find a later manual, it will for the most part steer you in the right direction, and questions asked here should help to fill in the rest. Also, if someone in your area has one of these early models that is completed and you can look at, that will no doubt answer lots of questions. Once I get back home, I can dig into my Kitfox 1 manual as well. JImChuk

I just purchased a Kitfox 1 manual from Debra @ Kitfox a couple days ago, what information are you looking for? I don't feel comfortable sending out the entire manual but I can help with specifics. FYI my S/N is 141.

Thanks, guys. I'll give Debra a call on Monday. Right now I really need the drawings for the door and for the ribs with the hinge points (I need to repair all 10!).

Good call on the SS firewall too. Need to make that happen.

Jimmy