Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Looking for tips on cutting out door windows

Smile Re: Looking for tips on cutting out door windows

First window was easy. Band saw had a coarser blade than what I would have like, but run what ya brung. It worked fine. And the spray paint trick was a treat. Worked perfect. Still need to drill the holes. I think I'm going to start top and bottom in the middle and cleco, then work my way out drilling into existing holes in the door frame.

Default Re: Looking for tips on cutting out door windows

You can lay the old window over the new lexan on a sheet of wafer board or such and back drill through the old holes through the new lexan and into the board underneath and cleco the holes as you go.
    Tom Jones
    Classic 4 builder

One method not mentioned for cutting. When I cut Lexan (polycarbonate) for my new windscreen on my Model 3, I used an occilating cutter. It worked great on the straight cuts and outside corners. For inside corners, unibit and a 1" drum sander in a drill motor.

Ralph

Not sure if this is on topic or even of interest but occasionally there are discussions regarding draft sealing.
    I was cleaning Foxk today after a week on a dusty farm and took a couple of pics of my way of sealing around the flappenon bell cranks. VERY simple and effective .
    Hope it shows plainly
    Attached Images Attached Images