Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kitfox Lite (FAR-103 Legal) UL History? is BeLite the same renamed? - separate co.?

Default Re: Kitfox Lite (FAR-103 Legal) UL History? is BeLite the same renamed? - separate co

The tooling may have been sold and Kitfox may well have the rights, but it would just mean that someone can't build them and sell them commercially.

Default Re: Kitfox Lite (FAR-103 Legal) UL History? is BeLite the same renamed? - separate co

Were plans ever offered for any of these ULs, Champion, Lie, or Belite? I emailed Kitfox asking but didn't hear back. I wonder if they would ever sell what they do have remaining for the Lite. Maybe I'll give John a call. Someone has to have a bunch of paper laying around on that design they'd be willing to part with for the right price.

Why not just go with the Belight. It's a good choice if you can't find a Kitfox Lite.
    Pete
    Leander, TX
    Model III SN 1000
    Grove

Belite has gone an entire different route with aluminum and foam structure and tons of CF bringing the cost up. I want to build a steel frame fabric covered UL if possible. I'm also a welder by trade so TIG is my game.

If you want a light, well designed, steel tube aircraft, look at the Legal Eagle. Plenty of info if you Google it ... or search Youtube. Looks like a fun aircraft and is a legal ultra light, flying on a half VW.

Ralph

I am almost positive that Belite (James Weibe) purchased the tooling AND the rights to the KF Lite several years ago. It became the Belite Dragon. As James kept modifying and drifting into different materials/methods it evolved into the Pro Cub Lite with a model or to in between. I was pretty interested in what they were doing and offering before deciding that an LSA was better suited to our needs. Belite does offer some pretty interesting light weight gauges that may be of interest to KF builders.

The Kitfox Lite is owned by us. James never had the rights to produce or even use the Kitfox name.. The tooling (read that scrap metal) was sold. Several press releases were sent out many years ago that were simply wrong. Hard to UN-ring a bell. Bottom line we still own the rights and always have.
    John McBean
    www.kitfoxaircraft.com

"The Sky is not the Limit... It's a Playground"

Thumbs up Re: Kitfox Lite (FAR-103 Legal) UL History? is BeLite the same renamed? - separate co

PM'd you John.