Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Flying LS ruling

Default Re: Flying LS ruling

See Robs post above where he provided the link to the AOPA. Its been stated to me by flight instructors that although I have not maintained the Medical to fly as a Private Pilot ( I have a commercial instrument ticket ) the rules state that I may fly as a sport pilot and since I have the additional flight training all I would need is an annual flight review technically and I would be able to fly as a sport pilot into class B airspace. I will be needing to acquire much more than a review though to be competent as I have not flown as pilot in command in many, many years. Stick and Rudder Aviation is my plan. Then on to test flights in my SS7! 1st things 1st. have to get this thing built.
    Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by avidflyer View Post
    Herman, the rule says; above 10,000 MSL or 2,000 AGL which ever is HIGHER. So the minimum maximum is 10,000 MSL JImChuk
    I think when they say that, which ever is higher, is that they can go to 12,000 if the mountain is lets say 10,000 and agl is 2,000 over that. correct me if I'm wrong. then you can go to 12000 because it is higher then.
    steve
    slyfox
    model IV 1200-flying
    912uls
    IVO medium in-flight
    RV7A-flying
    IO-360
    constant speed prop

That's what I said, maybe I shouldn't have tried to be funny when I said the minimum maximum is 10,000'. If sea level was 8,000' or less, then the highest a sport pilot can go is 10,000'. If sea level was 9,000' then highest is 11,000, ect, ect. JImChuk