Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Odd Request

Default Odd Request

I work out of town 4000KM from where I live. I work two weeks on and then fly home for a week. I took my build manual to work so that I can peruse through it before I start to build. The problem is that I left my manual at work and now I have 5 days of build time I would like to take advantage of. I called Kitfox to see if they had an electronic copy. They do but John is the only one with access to it and he as at arlington.

I am wondering if the sample instructions on the kitfox are up to date so that i can do SOMETHING on the plane to ease my restlessness. Can anybody with a Kitfox 7 manual check for me to see if these instructions are up to date?

http://www.kitfoxaircraft.com/SS%20L...-%20Sample.pdf

Thanks! I would appreciate it.

Josh

Default Re: Odd Request

Josh,

The instructions for the landing gear are up to date depending on when your Kit was produced. My Model 7 SS with Grove gear has completely different parts for the landing gear rockers and mounting brackets. the newer version is much simpler and has almost no fabrication required.

My kit also came with a Matco tailwheel so it does not match those instructions.

The sample instructions are good if they match your parts.

But you don't need complete instructions if you are just trying to get the fuselage on wheels where it is easier to work on. The landing gear will come off later when you get ready to cover and paint. then you can correct any errors or omissions.

John Pitkin
    Greenville, TX

Default Re: Odd Request

Thanks John, I will forge ahead and work out the details after. I was confused by the fabricated parts but your answer eases my concerns. I just want to get the gear on to move it around and work on it off the ground a bit so it should be fine. Thanks for taking the time to look for me though. I really do appreciate it.