Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Jabiru carb heat

Default Jabiru carb heat

I'm new to this so be gentle with me! I have a Kitfox IV with a jabiru 2200. I need to install carb heat and am rapidly running out of ideas. The folks at Pacific Jabiru wern't much help. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Default Re: Jabiru carb heat

Hi Ken,

Haven't seen any answers show up so I'll take a stab at this with the caveat that I have no familiarity with the Jabiru. Maybe offer the following strategy as a starting point.

Google may be a help in researching this - I don't believe there are very many Jabiru powererd Kitfoxes in the US - don't know how many in Canada. If I understand the deal correctly - Canada requires carb heat while in the US it is at the manufacturer's engineering discretion. If you can locate a Canadian Jabiru user it may be a good start.

John Mc Bean sells a FFW for a J 3300 but you would have to contact him to see what he may have specific to offer on your needs.

Otherwise just doing a google search may help you find someone who either provides plans or sells components.

Most of us would likely do our own design & fabrication if we had to install carb heat and it is entirely possible to do that while purchasing the scat hose and possibly a heat valve.

Sincerely,

Dave S
    KF7 Trigear
    912ULS Warp Drive (no carb heat at present)

Found the solution. Motion Aero sells an electric carb heat kit which is considered superior to conventional carb heat. It does not degrade performance when on and can be left on.

Ken. This is the same Carb.heat unit I bought for my 2200. Still in the restor. process. I bought it cause it does not heat the air, just the carb itself. I'll post after I get it in the air. Did you use a 'Corbra duct' for your air filter? I found a direct attached K&N filter that does not use the Cobra duct. - Lion8

Ask Vic Leggott http://www.leggott.flyer.co.uk/extras.html#moldings
    He'll help you out

Quote Originally Posted by Kenncamp View Post
    ... jabiru 2200. I need to install carb heat and am rapidly running out of ideas.
    What type of carbs?
    There is an electric heater for the Bing carburetors as used in the HKS-700E engine.
    See http://www.apsu-hks.com/uploads/2008...tall_v1-01.pdf

Roberto.