Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Cargo bay kit

Default Cargo bay kit

Three weeks until my kfss is shipped and I can't decide whether to get the cargo bay kit or not. Any thoughts. Thanks

Default Re: Cargo bay kit

My opinion is you will definitely want the baggage space, as for buying the kit or building your own I would opt for the kit.
    Dorsal ~~^~~
    Series 7 - Tri-Gear
    912 ULS Warp Drive

Thanks for that info

I bought the kit and it looks great. I went to Homedale and caught a ride in John and Debra's Fox and the bagage space looked to nice not to get it. You won't be sorry that you did.
    Stan Inzer
    912 ULS
    Dynon Skyview 10"
    N599KF

The baggage kit has some real handy pockets right behind the seat for headsets, etc. It is so easy to install compared to sewing up your own or trying to enclose the compartment with plywood. I am going to put a zipper or velcro in the back of the baggage sack so I can open it up into the area behind the normal baggage compartment for long (light weight) items. Should be fairly easy to do.

Jim

We did the zipper thing and it worked out well. We got some pack material and glued it to the bottom of our extended floor boards (varnished door skin w/a couple of stiffeners glued to the bottom) and then attached the upper edge to tubes w/Velcro. The back of the main bag then unzips and lays back on to the floor of the extended baggage compartment.