Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Demo Flight Wisconsin - Floats?

Default Demo Flight Wisconsin - Floats?

Hello,

I am in the market to purchase a plane, mostly a float or amphibious plane. The Kitfox has my interest from what I have read it seems to make a good float plane. I'd love to have a demo flight in a Kitfox as I like everything I've seen but there's no comparison to actually doing it.

I'm located in Beaver Dam, Wisconsin. If there is anyone who would be in the area and wouldn't mind showing me a few things, I'd appreciate it. I'll buy gas and lunch.

Thanks,
    John

Default Re: Demo Flight Wisconsin - Floats?

Saw one on Barnstormers posted on the 22nd. Kitfox IV on floats with 118 HP Subaru, Trailer, Mike Owens, Owner - located Van Alstyne, TX USA Telephone: 214-882-1173 Pretty plane, seems well equipped. No price, but I bet it is not cheap.
    Last edited by DBVZ; 03-24-2012 at 02:21 PM.
    Dwight B. Van Zanen
    Maple Valley, WA and
    West Columbia, SC
    PP/ASEL/IA
    Avid Mk 4 Aerobat

John , welcome to TeamKitfox.com. Just so happens there's a beautiful Kitfox model 4 on amphib. floats at Junction City, WS. One of our members (Av8rps) is located there and frequents our forums. He's a wealth of information on Kitfox float flying and a great guy. Give him a few days to see your post or email him. You can find his contact info. on his private page here on the forums. http://www.teamkitfox.com/Forums/member.php?u=881

Paul Seehafer Kitfox Amphib. in flight..jpg

Paul Seehafer Kitfox model 4 beached.jpg

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear

John - There are a bunch of us in Wisconsin with Kitfoxes and Avids. Paul's is the only that I know of on floats, though. Any one of us would be happy to talk planes or show or go flying or...

Check out the EAA Chapter that most of us (the northern ones at least) are part of: EAA UL75.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

I live in the upper peninsula of Michigan. I actually know mike Owens, beautiful plane, I have the same suberu just like his. We have landed on the frozen lake this winter, these planes are great fun. If you would like to make a trip tp the u.p. I would love to show you mine and have you buy me lunch! You can see mine on you tube, trap rocker 123 ice fishing in copper harbor, or call mee sometime, 906-337-2558
    Ed schneiderhan