Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: pitot tube attachment

Default pitot tube attachment

Hi all,

how did you guys attach the aluminum pitot tube to the supplied black tube (I think it is NylaFlow?) ??
    I now use a small sylicon tube ID 1/4" that i secure with hose clamps, but I'm not sure whether that'll be enough...

tx in advance!!

Default Re: pitot tube attachment

I used the supplied flare nut and fitting. I used a standard flaring tool to form the end of the black plastic tubing.

John Pitkin
    Greenville, Texas

Hans,

I used the same as John; however, I also fabricated a bracket to prevent the pitot tube from swinging around and becoming a suction tube in case the nut got a little loose or a tweety bird whacked it.

Sincerely,

Dave S

Hans,
    Again we are talking about the Model IV. The poly tubing is attached to the pitot tube with a short length of rubber with two hose clamps.
    Lowell

I have Bing blue fuel line on both ends of the plastic pitot line. I put on some plastic snap clamps just for good luck but I think I don't even need the clamps.
    Tom Jones
    Classic 4 builder

Basically what HighWing said - A short piece of 1/4 inch inside diameter tygon (or other comparable tubing) about 8 inches long is used for a coupler in most model 4's. Slide the aluminum in one side and the plastic in the other, zip tie, and secure to rib.
    Attached Images Attached Images

my wings were covered in 93 , not by me . in 2009 the wings were installed and i did a pitot check . the surgical tubing that was used to connect the poly to the pitot tube had rotted . it was a fun time getting the rotten crap off and another piece of hose back on working thru a inspection hole . luckily they had installed a inspection cover ring ring in the area of the pitot tube . so whatever you use , dont use surgical tube .
    chuck
    kitfox IV 1050
    912ul warpdrive
    flying B , yelm, wa