Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: What kind of paint on my 12/2000 factory fuse???

Default What kind of paint on my 12/2000 factory fuse???

Howdy all;

Hey, does anyone know? I have a kitfox -4 fuse that was built by the factory in December of 2000.
    It has a shiny black finish that looks a little too good for just paint. Does anyone know what it would have been finished with in that year (epoxy, powder coating, plain old paint??????).

Also, I am still waiting for the new build manual, mine didn’t come with one, so can you tell me what part of the plane is worked on first (wings, fuse), so I can get move the required parts out of the hanger and into my heated garage (wings were factory jigged, but no other work was ever begun)?

Thanks
    Roger

Default Re: What kind of paint on my 12/2000 factory fuse???

Likely black powder coating. My advice is to do the fuselage first as finished wings sitting around for 1.5 years or more seem are susceptible to damage. On the fuselage the first thing you will do is install the rudder pedal assembly. Hope your manual shows up soon. Best of luck on the build.

DesertFox4
    Admin.
    7 Super Sport
    912 ULS Tri-gear