Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Extreme Kitfox bush gear

Default Extreme Kitfox bush gear

I am designing a Bush Gear for my Kitfox Mod 1, I am going to emulate the design of the Highlander Extreme Bush gear with use of the forward landing gear attach point (forward most of the 3). However I do not have this on my Model 1 and would need to add it. Can someone give me the dimension on newer models from the forward to the second attach C-C? (I measure 11.94" C-C from rear to MY current forward attach) could someone also please verify this is also true on the newer models?
    Thank You
    Dave

Default Re: Extreme Kitfox bush gear

If I were doing a bush gear I would use the normal forward attach point under the gear truss and the the rear attach point under the wing strut.

It is much stronger than the attach point under the seat. Also, if the rear does fail it won't come up through the seat.

The new bush gear for the SS is made just like this.

Thank you napierm I believe that is what i'll do. I believe the forward attach point is unusable as the axis is not inline with the other attach points. The bottom longeron tapers in from the current forward attach point.

Also, I don't think a center attachment (one super gear I saw used 3 per side) will do anything other than add weight and complication to the construction. Just spreading the mounts out by using the front and rear attachments should make it *much* stronger.

Please post pictures/design notes/bill of materials as you go.

Have Fun,

Mark