Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Replacing Radiator tubes Model 3? Thickness?

Default Replacing Radiator tubes Model 3? Thickness?

Thinking about replacing these metal tubes, one was 'hammered' by the cowling for 100 hours. Does anyone know the wall thickness so I can have some pre-made before I remove them? Or does Kitfox still sell them?

Also, why aren't they reinforced rubber the whole way? worried about getting hot and folding/crimping at the bend?

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by wildirishtime; 11-08-2010 at 03:15 PM.

Default Re: Replacing Radiator tubes Model 3? Thickness?

Just replaced all the hoses on my KF 4. I went to Napa and bought 1" ID radiator hose. Replaced the clamps as well. Worked like a champ.

me too, but i'm asking about the METAL tubing. are you saying you eliminated those metal tubes? and if so, are you not worried about the rubber folding considering that bend shown?

I just re-read your post and I realize now that you are talking about the aluminum tubes. I thought you meant the rubber hose when you said reinforced. Sorry.

If it helps, I used a conduit bender to "adjust" the tubes on my KF 4 to align the tubing with the radiator and to take the kink out in the rubber hose where it goes into the radiator. If you can find the tubing size this might be a way to fabricate some new ones.