Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: building doors

Default Re: building doors

Cap01, You can get the 3M acrylic tape at places like Car Quest- 1/2"X5yd roll for about $14.00. Used for attaching exterior trim and mouldings to autos. It really sticks, used it on my side doors and rear side windows with rivets.

Dick B

after dj posted the info about the doors and tape i did a little research on the tape . seems to be some pretty good stuff . thanks
    chuck
    kitfox IV 1050
    912ul warpdrive
    flying B , yelm, wa

By the way… if you ever need to remove the glass and tape is holding it down, just use dental floss. Place the floss between the glass and the tape and use a gentle sawing action. The floss will go through the tape like a wire through cheese without scratching your window. Then just rub and peel up the residue.

JP

the 3m literature suggests monofilament but if floss works all the better since i dont fish . the monofilament wouldnt work last winter when i was removing a wing tank . had to move up to .020 saftywire to cut the sealant that was holding the tank in
    chuck
    kitfox IV 1050
    912ul warpdrive
    flying B , yelm, wa