Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 61 of 120 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571111 ... LastLast

Thread: EFWD Build

Default Re: EFWD Build

That is true. However, there are many that are not included in the manual such as testing Auto Pilot etc etc.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

I was able to get my fuel flow rates checked out last night. I did it with airplane in a level flight attitude as well as tail low. My fuel pumps deliver the same qty in either position. Question is, I was able to drop the tail down a hill in the landscape that provided a pitch angle of 15 degrees. I would have to work pretty hard at getting the aircraft steeper than that for the fuel flow check. I know I am supposed to get the pitch up to something slightly steeper than when in a climb out from the airport. What deck angle should I be seeking. I thought it was 20 degrees. For as steep as the 15 degrees looked I am not sure what I am going to do to achieve 20 degrees.
    Thanks.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

According to Kitfox, 15 to 20 degrees is sufficient.

Man, no fuel leaks but good lord does it smell like one in the cockpit. I was really concerned I might have a leak but I have not got one. I ran my nose all over the inside of the airplane and discovered that the fuel smell is permeating from the fuel hoses from the wings to the header tank. Anyone using a different type of hose that doesn't smell like a fuel soaked rag? If I find something I think I will swap these out. Im certain that it won't be bad while the air is moving about but sitting in a closed up hangar for days on end I would prefer that my interior not me saturated with fuel odor.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Hey Eddie, you can definitely get non permiable fuel hose online or at your local racing store.
    ------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

Good to know 15-20 is ok. I've yet to discuss with my buddy the details of what he did. I know he put the wheels up on blocks to achieve the angle required.

Certainly he did his flow study via Gravity. The fuel pumps put out far more than 125% of the qty demanded by the engine. I have called Brian at California Power Systems who agreed that doing a gravity test is a moot point as the engine will die if the fuel pumps are running. The way I see it, If the pumps can pull 51 gallons an hour then Im confident that the passage from tank to engine must be patent enough to deliver 7 gallons an hour. Of course that would assume that the 41 psi (if memory serves me correctly) is still delivered to the fuel rail.
    Eddie Forward
    Flying
    SS7, 912iS, Garmin G3X

Quote Originally Posted by efwd View Post
    According to Kitfox, 15 to 20 degrees is sufficient.

Man, no fuel leaks but good lord does it smell like one in the cockpit. I was really concerned I might have a leak but I have not got one...
    Eddie, I had the same problem and was always checking for leaks but the stink was permeating from my tank to header fuel lines. after I switched to Gates Barricade fuel line the problem was resolved. No more stink . Bruce N199CL

22.5 deg, on a slope, on blocks, tall gear, and 26s

------------------
    Josh Esser
    Flying SS7
    Rotax 914iS
    AirMaster Prop

Edmonton, AB, CWL3

So it doubles as a recliner?!
    Jeff
    KF 5