Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Some say why a model 1

Default Some say why a model 1

Here is mine and my fathers Kitfox model 1. It is a late model serial number. One of the last model 1's. Actually it came out of the factory will all the model 2 improvements. Including The original spar inserts that were build into the front and rear spars. We got the plane after it had bee ground looped and damaged. We have since installed Grove spring gear and a model 5 nose gear. We increased the vertical height by 10" and the rudder width by 2". Now powered by a 80HP Rotax 912 with a model 3 engine mount and exhaust. All that is wrapped in a Avid Flyer Model 4 cowling. The doors have been bowed out to increase the cockpit shoulder width to 39.5". We just got the plane out of Phase 1 testing again were we also increased the gross weight to 1150LBS. A few weeks from now we will cut the bottom door jam and make the door cutout like a model 4 and install a set of model 4 doors that we have. Now some may ask why do all this work on such an old model Kitfox, well simple, beacause I can. That's the beauty of it all and simple why I love Kitfox aircraft. You are only limited by your imagation and effort.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Some say why a model 1

Hey good job I am also building a model 1 with a ton of mods, The build has been a blast so far, model 1 vs a model 4 it really makes no difference to me, Build it how you want to. With that gross weight What did you end up using for wing struts,

TJay we are still using the model 2 lift struts would like to find a nice set of model 3 though

Model 3 lift struts are longer than model 2 struts. Jim Chuk

Glad to hear there are some real experimenters out there! Keep us posted...

Hey Dalords,
    She's looking very nice. Good job.
    Steve Wilson
    Huntsville, UT
    Kitfox 85DD
    912A / 3 Blade Taper Tip Warp Drive
    Convertible Nosewheel & Tailwheel
    SkySteve's SPOT Page
    SkySteve's You Tube Videos