Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nanco tires

Default Nanco tires

Hi guys.....hope all is well.
    I have around 15 hours on the Fox and most of that has been slow flight and STOL practice.......I'm loving the power of the 912s!.
    Anyway, it's time to start playing with some off strip stuff, but I need some adequate tires. I have read many of the threads on here regarding the Nanco 21x12x8's. Problem is I can't find them! Anyone buy these recently and if so from where? They also have to ship to Canada.....seems to be an issue with a few of the dealers.
    Anyone out there from Canada buy these?.....DAVE !!!

Thanks gents

Wade

Default Re: Nanco tires

I bought mine online. The Polaris dealer gave a very strange look when I showed up to have them mounted.

I would highly recommend the Desser 22x6 smooth tundra tire. High quality and only a little more cost than the Nanco.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

The desser is by far the best tire for the price. Make sure you have good breaks to stop the larger wheels. I have a friend with the Alaskan Airstreak tires and he loves them but they are $2400 for the pair and he says they wear on pavement. To me these tires are the best value. I would stay away from ATV tires but thats me.

Thanks for the info. Was out at the hanger last night and measured my rim diameter and discovered that its 7 inches across???? Is this an odd ball size?
    most threads i have been reading reference either an 8 or 6 inch rim.....what BIG tires are available for the 7 inch rims?........or perhaps i'm missing something in the measuring?

Wade,

Rims are measured to the inside of the bead seat flange. So likely 6".
    8852NG02.gif

Thanks for that...... Makes perfect sense.

Dresser Smoothies are great. Very reasonable price for aircraft tires. Give them a try. Check out the link on the left.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

if you are talking nanco's than you have the matco 8" tire. usually on the model 4. I have them. been kicking around getting the desser new tire that is 27-10-8 along with it a new tail wheel to raise up the back just a little to match out good.

I have the Desser treaded 21x800-6 tires and love them. I just bought two more of them for my Mangy Fox project, $109 each with free shipping.

There is now about 400 hours on the ones on my yellow plane with little if any wear on the treaded surface. I chose these because I operate off a paved airport but they still have plenty of diameter and soft enough sidewalls for the off airport playing that I do.
    Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos