Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Soon to be a builder

Default Re: Soon to be a builder

I Second Av853400s recommendation, I took a week vacation an flew up to Boise so I could fly with Paul at Stick & Rudder. It was the best training I've ever had, well worth the time and money. I got my tail wheel endorsement, along with some Mountain flying in the Idaho back country. I got to hit some of the strips I've watched with envy on you tube that I really wanted to go try. I also did about three strips that I was amazed that I was able to land much less successfully take off from.

This Forum should help keep you motivated. I'm personally looking forward to your first Post in your personal Build Thread that shows hid crate has arrived, and the oh s * * t, I don't have the shop ready, or whatever the first revelation will be. I know we all have enjoyed threads like Oz, Desertfox4, and Esser.

Welcome aboard! It truly is a great bunch of supportive builders and flyers.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Congrats Mike. I can't wait to see it and do some flying. SW Missouri is quickly becoming a Kitfox rich area.
    Mike Bentley
    Model IV-1200
    Jabiru 2200A #438
    Rotec Aerosport LCH Heads
    Ellison EFS-2 Throttle Body
    Prince Prop (64x34)
    My SPOT Page

The first time I flew into Kingsley it really inspired me to have a plane that I could open a window. I will make every effort to be there this weekend. Point of fact Paul, my shop is NOT ready. I did not expect such a quick delivery. Very excited to see all the prior service members and in such close proximity. Next thing you know, I'll find out that ya'll are into guns as well (my other hobby, have a small range at my place).
    I was actually planning on going up to Stick & Rudder this summer and do some flying with Paul and pick up my kit but when Debra said she could have it next month, I immediately said YES!
    I will absolutely post photos when the kit arrives.

Ok i have been needing to zero my brand new Remington SPS in 30-06 with the Burris 4.5x14 scope on it, there is a 1000 yd range not far my place, it has to be a good gun, i already taged a Buck with it just eyeball sighted the scope the night i picked it up, day before opening season
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

"Next thing you know, I'll find out that ya'll are into guns as well (my other hobby, have a small range at my place)."

Who us??? Not around here....

We will have to get together on your range or mine to enjoy some marksmanship exercises in the future. Of course after we work on the Kitfox's!

We can talk of such things in pm's as we need to stay on topic in the public forum.

Somebody said that carrier pilots were the best in the world, and they must be or there wouldn't be any of them left alive. — Ernie Pyle

Brett Butler
    Flying: 1998 Model 5 Outback, 912ul Zipper 110hp, G3x avionics, ss7 upgrades

Here we go again...

Av8r3400
    Kitfox Model IV
    The Mangy Fox
    912UL 105hp Zipper
    YouTube Videos

Quote Originally Posted by bbs428 View Post
    [I] "Next thing you know, I'll find out that ya'll are into guns as well (my other hobby, have a small range at my place?...D
    I've been wanting to practice my long range pistol shooting. I'll work for range privileges.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

about 295nm Paul ..load her up and fly up sometime that slick fox your flying aughta make it in under 3 hours
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

I hope your around come the end of May..cuz I'm headed your way..2 weeks in Tehas is the plan

(by the phrase I hope your around I mean not on a flight to Alaska or Hawaii or sumpin )
    Chase
    Model 5 OutBack
    912 UL

You are correct. About 2.7 hours. With one bladder stop I'd guess 3.5 hours. Have you found any land? You'll be here in 2 weeks, I know a good bar-b-que!
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas