Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: VPX-Sport from Vertical Power

Default Re: VPX-Sport from Vertical Power

I did not know that you cam pair Ã* cam to your EFIS..... I think of it last year..... I post it on tne blog of Dynon, but had non responce.....

the idea of a taxi cam on the EFIS make sense for tail weeler!

I would like to have a HD surveillance cam inset in the bottom of the wing!

with the VPX those kind of things are easyer to do!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

I hope to mount my GoPro on the belly and connect to the MGL Voyager for taxi line of sight and picture taking. This will all be powered by yhe VPX sport. work on it now.

Can you put some pictures and comments of your instalation. It will be interesting to see what you did......

Sure that could be very instructive!!!

never saw an VPX instalation for real!!!
    Eric Therrien
    Nicolet, Qc. Ca.
    In preparation.

Any update on this wannafly?

Quote Originally Posted by Esser View Post
    What really set the MGL apart from the others was how customizable it is. you can set up 9 different customizable screens depending on your flying operation and you can set up live camera feed.
    This idea is a winner. I wish I had known this back in the panel design stage. This might have swayed me from the classic look steam gauges. My first Model IV had an externally mounted camera and my monitor was mounted to the door. I used it a lot for taxiing as well as filming. This time, it is on a slide that pulls out of the left panel edge and rotates into viewing position.

My camera is mounted to the left lift strut at the jury strut where I had my first one. It is a standard HD video camera because I wanted zoom and manual focus as well as the gimbal mount.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel

I don t have any pics of the install, back in 1995/96 a buddy and i put 4 cameras on our planes with a manual switch to choose which camera was to be used, the switch was connected to a video recorder that had editing ability, we wanted to get a FLIR camera to connect to one of the four cam ports on the switch, back then FLIR cameras were almost untouchable cost wise, my buddy is a computer guru so he had the technology and resources , he had made the switch for the 4 cam ports , it was all battery operated so in effect easily mounted to anything , the recorder also had a viewing screen,
    This is one of the many things i like about the IFLY gps system, it has a port for a camera so one could connect a switch to the IFLY with 4 6 ,.. As many cameras as you want including a flir, and view it on the 7" ifly screen

After my previous post on this subject, I had further thoughts on monitor placement. My first install had the monitor on the door as mentioned. I had a gimbal mount for the camera and liked the monitor on the side where the camera was mounted - left side, pilot side. I could see both the subject and the camera making it easier to point the camera.

I found that unless I was able to see the monitor and the subject in the same field of view, I could get distracted from my flying. Example - if I was taking video of another airplane, and could see it only on the monitor, I had a tendency to drift closer than was comfortable especially for the other guy. With both in the same field of vision, I could concentrate on the monitor - centering the subject - and my peripheral vision would discern my proximity to the subject airplane and my airplane's flight attitude. Just a thought.
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel

someone just needs to make one of these affordable

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...E8Sw80AnJmn6kA

with a camera set up that can follow a target "airplane" spot on the ground etc,..

tHIS IS A NICE SET-UP!
    Eric Therrien
    Nicolet, Qc. Ca.
    In preparation.

Thanks Eric. I have literally spent years on various versions. The first mechanical, this one hydraulic. I have also tried servos. If anyone has questions PM me.
    Lowell Fitt
    Goodyear, AZ

My You Tube Channel