Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tools

Default Re: Tools

Thanks John, Reamers are not that expensive. I like your approach. I can always ream a little larger but not so much the other way. I appreciate the input!

You may very well be right John, but my experience in using the 0.3125 reamer that came in the tool kit supplied by Kitfox was that I had to run it thru the holes on the wing carry-thru tubes many times before I could get the AN5 spar bolts and pins to slide thru without excessive pounding. It would be interesting to hear the factory chime in on this one. In fact if I were Sabre I would give them a call.
    Jim Ott
    Portland, OR
    Kitfox SS7 flying
    Rotax 912ULS

For sure Jim - whatever gives you a good fit. Some AN5 bolts will fit very nicely in a .3125 hole. It seems like they can easily vary a thousandth or so. The ones I got with the kit were on the smaller side. Having a larger diameter, your's are going to be stronger!
    John Evens
    Arvada, CO
    Kitfox SS7 N27JE
    EAA Lifetime
    Chap. 43 honorary Lifetime