Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: Large cargo pod

Default Large cargo pod

Well keep in touch i plan to do this sometime next month after i have a few other projects out of the way. I would like to build a few once i get the bugs worked out. Question, are all of the kit fox mounts the same on the later models? I would think the landing gear mounts are in the same location. I have been looking at the way most pods are mounted and they use straps it looks like. I'm not sure that is the best way to do it, it may be the cheapest and easiest. I will measure it out and make mount brackets and then build a mold. Should be a fun project.

Default Re: Large cargo pod

I am not sure, I would imagine there is a slight difference from model 5 to a model 7, and even plane to plane for one series. I would need to measure the landing gear width. I know the 5, & 7 are similar width wise, and the gear mounting paints for a tail dragger look the same, but I would need to measure them. I believe the series 4 & older have slightly narrower fuselages.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Cupar, SK, Canada CLC4 Loon Creek Airfield

Hi, My model 5 Outback has bungee gear attach points on the fuselage outer tubes. I think the grove gear was an option at that time.

I am not sure if the model 6 has those bungee gear attach points , I think the 7 and 7ss do not .

I believe the 5 and later models all have the 6 small vertical tabs designed to fit the factory cargo pod setup, with maybe the exception of the 7ss? (thinking weight on the 7ss ).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kevin,

Kitfox Outback
    912 ULS
    Airmaster AP332CTFH-WWR70W
    Summit Aircraft Wheel Skis
    C-FOXW

Mine has the little tabs in the center for mounting the factory cargo pod. However, it does not have the bungee mounting points on the sides. Also my Grove gear mounts look a little different.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas