Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch

Thread: help registration question

Default help registration question

Hi im looking at a kit fox II that has flown and is n-numbered that is for sale. The guy never had it in his name but the guy he bought it from signed the back of the registration as seller if i put my name as buyer and send it in does any of that have to be notarized ? I cant get in touch with the original owner. Looked up n number and says pending expiration .

Default Re: help registration question

Lou
    KitFox II

The registered owner has (or had) a post card from the FAA that he is required to send in with buyers name and address printed on it. I'm sure the FAA will want that postcard sent to them as well. Jim Chuk

When you say post card I found a card in the plane that I thought said registration and on the back had seller and buyer are you talking about that card ? I guess im asking can i send that in but do i have to have a notarized bill of sale I cant get in touch with the original owner so theres no way to get any kind of notarized bill of sale tried everything to locate him . Thanks

The post card is actually AC Form 8050-3. That's on front, bottom, left side. Just above the form # there is a box that shows when the registration expires. I scanned the back of one of mine, here it is. Basically what you need to transfer the airplane is AC form 8050-1 which is application to the FAA for a new registration for the aircraft (new owner), AC Form 8050-2 which is the FAA's bill of sale, and AC Form 8050-3 which is the seller transferring ownership of the aircraft to you. In Mn. there is also a post card the state sends you which has to be sent in showing a sale has occurred. Maybe other states have them as well, but I don't know about that. None of the forms signitures have to be notarized. Jim Chuk
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ok Thanks for all the info !