Kitfox Aircraft Stick and Rudder Stein Air Grove Aircraft TCW Technologies Dynon Avionics AeroLED MGL Avionics Leading Edge Airfoils Desser EarthX Batteries Garmin G3X Touch
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Texas STOL Roundup

Default Re: Texas STOL Roundup

I have changed my reservation to the Hangar Hotel in Fredricksburg. I plan to fly over from Hattiesburg, MS to Houston, where Ill spend a few days with my son and grandson, I'll then head over to Llano on Friday the 10th. BTW they still have a couple of rooms left at the Hangar on the 11th.

Cheers,
    Chuck Gruby
    Petal, Kit Fox III Flying

Decided it was time to get off the nickle & do some planning for Llano.....We are pretty well figured out from St Paul to NE kansas for fuel stops and an overnight if needed.

Anyone out there have any advice about Kitfox friendly airports between Lawrence KS & Llano? Interesting stops along the way? Doesn't have to be in a straight line or anything like that...we wander like Gypsies anyway & plan on taking a week or so.

Looking for good fuel stops, underwing camping, places to hole up if the weather goes down. We are set for a week with food & tent so it's pretty much just needing a safe and secure 'port/alternate(s) to stay at along the way plus auto gas where we can get it.

Thanks,

Dave S.

KF 7 Trigear
    912ULS Warp

St Paul, MN

Fort Parker Flying Field, http://www.fortparker.com/id52.html
    Location of on VFR Charts http://www.fortparker.com/id51.html
    Contact Darius @ Fort Parker, (254) 747-0592, email: flying@fortparker.com
    They have a Camp Site, and a small hotel, http://www.fortparker.com/id55.html

It is an Early settlement in Texas, they have a Grass Strip runway. It is not on the VFR Charts. No Fuel, but there is an airport about 5 miles north that has fuel. It's about 35 miles East of Waco, Texas. If you decide to stop there giveDarius a call, before you leave, and when you get there, he'll pick you up in a Golf Cart and take you to the Fort.

If my planes not down for AF5600 Upgrade, and I get her back in the air, I'm planning on going to Llano, and I'm planning on stopping at Fort Parker. I am waiting for Advanced Flight to give me a call.
    Last edited by Paul Z; 03-12-2015 at 07:00 PM.
    Paul Zimmermann
    LSRM-A
    Garland, Texas

Paul...That looks like an interesting place!.......Hope you get your plane back by then! Thanks for the tip.

Dave S